Eating salmon increases your cardiovascular health. Salmon contains high levels of the omega-3 fats, EPA and DHA. When eaten two to three times per week, salmon can protect you from problems such as heart attack, stroke, arrhythmia, high blood pressure and high triglycerides.
Scallops are the new power food. Scallops are more than 80 percent protein. One 3-ounce serving provides 20 grams of protein and just 95 calories. They’re also a good source of both magnesium and potassium.
Paiche a 6 oz. serving of Paiche contains the following nutrients
The usual suspects will also be available for purchase- Fresh Rainbow Trout, Organic Tilapia, Smoked Salmon, Smoked Trout and Organic Shrimp
You can find all of the above at the following locations this week
Monday 6/19 Bayou Cafe (Los Fresnos y Arirumba) 2:00 -3:30 pm
Tuesday 6/20 Sunrise Care (Calle Larga y Ben. Malo) 9:00 -1:00 pm
Saturday 6/24 Santa Canela (Calle Larga 3-82) 10:00 – 3:00 pm
It’s no secret that I like to take photos. I now take all my shots using my Nexus 6 smartphone. My go to app is Google Photos. Today I found an exceptional post by the Verge
There are a lot of great takeaways. The three best for me are the following:
- SEARCH IS THE KILLER FEATURE
- FREE UP STORAGE ON YOUR PHONE
- SHARED ALBUMS
What else do you do with Google Photos?
It’s been 8 months that I have been sharing my office with Alexa and her two smart speakers, the Echo and the Dot. For the most part I have been very satisfied with the products. You can see one of my early reviews here
I sometimes have to repeat requests but for the most part I am very satisfied and use the devices for
- Listening to my Amazon music collection
- Finding the correct spelling of words
- News briefings
- Manage our Capital One Account including making payments
The last two I use several times a day and the Alexa app lacked the functionality of telling me what timer was going off and to name my reminders. That changed in the current update and now I can say ” Alexa, remind me in two days at 9:00 am to pay the electric bill.”.
Put on your thinking caps because the winner gets a prize. What food has the following qualities
- high in omega-3 fatty acid
- rich in potassium
- excellent source of Vitamin B-12
- source of forgotten selenium
If you guessed Rainbow Trout then come on down to The Bayou Cafe (Los Fresnos y Arirumba) tomorrow May 29th from 2:00 – 3:30 pm and ask me for your Rainbow Trout Surprise. Chef Sebastian will be cooking and the Rainbow Trout is on sale.
Answer: Because they work below C-Level
Actually a 4th grader told me that joke. But, it’s no joke to come to the Artesan’s Bazaar at The Vegetable Bar Restaurant Saturday May 27th from 9:00- 1:00 pm.
Buy 4 pieces of Paiche and get the 5th one free.
There will be 14 other vendors selling that day. Come early for the bargains.
A great article by Jon Negroni that you can find here Here are the ones I found especially interesting.
- Duolingo – Learn another language
- Khan Academy – A fantastic way through youtube to learn about interesting subjects.
- MIT Open Courseware – free college courses online
- Investopedia – the subject says it all
- Quora – find experts to ask about almost anything
- Geography IQ – select any country and access virtually every facet of useful information
- TED – my favorite site on this list. Superb talks by interesting people from around the world.
Pop Quiz CTL what service has 1/2 billion users? Go to the head of the class if you guessed Google Photos. Google is self declaring that this is your photo app of choice. And I agree with them for the following reasons.
- Drop dead easy to use.
- Unlimited free storage with a google account
- Sharing is a no brainer
- Making movies is very simple
- Backup is automatic.
There is a great article about Google Photos here