Cuenca is a walking city. Many expats and Cuencanos don’t own cars and rely on public transportation or walking to traverse the city. The video below is now 5 years old but still gives a sense of the many walking spots in the city. Can you guess what hotel is in the construction phase.
Because of my association with Productos Terranova I have access to a wide variety of fish, shrimp and scallops. My diet consists of red meat twice a month, chicken four times a month and the remainder I eat the following
- Salmon 6- 8 times a month
- Red Rainbow Trout 2-3 times a month
- Paiche 2-3 times a month
- Tilapia 1-2 times a month
- Shrimp 1-2 times a month
- Scallops 1-2 times a month
I don’t feel tired, my cholesterol is down and the Omega 3’s are good for my heart
Come to the Santa Canela Fest Saturday Aug. 12th from 10 -3:00 pm and find Salmon, Trout, Scallops and Paiche on Sale. Say that you read this post and receive and extra dollar off the already low price of a big salmon fillet.
See you Saturday.
The Bartender says. “What do you want to drink?”. The three say ” Can we get directions to the Artesan Bazaar at The Vegetable Bar.”
You can join the happy trio and enjoy sales on all three.
- Buy 12 portions of salmon and get the 13th free
- Take $1.00 off a pound of Bay Scallops
- Take 50 cents off a Rainbow Trout Fillet
The other usual subjects will be there for purchase
- Organic Tilapia
- Smoked Salmon
- Smoked Trout
- Organic Shrimp
Saturday August 5th from 9:00 – 1:00 pm. The Vegetable Bar – 3 de Noviembre y Jacaranda.
I am usually very skeptical when I read the following words “must read article”. I started reading this with the expectation that I would be done in less than a minute. Double yowza – there are some great predictions. The following are the ones I found fascinating.
- Software will disrupt most traditional industries in the next 5-10 years.
- Autonomous cars: In 2018 the first self driving cars will appear for the public. Around 2020, the complete industry will start to be disrupted. You don’t want to own a car anymore. You will call a car with your phone, it will show up at your location and drive you to your destination. You will not need to park it, you only pay for the driven distance and can be productive while driving. Our kids will never get a driver’s licence and will never own a car.
- Last year, more solar energy was installed worldwide than fossil. Energy companies are desperately trying to limit access to the grid to prevent competition from home solar installations, but that can’t last. Technology will take care of that strategy.
- Health: The Tricorder X price will be announced this year. There are companies who will build a medical device (called the “Tricorder” from Star Trek) that works with your phone, which takes your retina scan, your blood sample and you breath into it.
- It then analyses 54 biomarkers that will identify nearly any disease. It will be cheap, so in a few years everyone on this planet will have access to world class medical analysis, nearly for free. Goodbye, medical establishment.
- If it doesn’t work with your phone, forget the idea. And any idea designed for success in the 20th century is doomed to failure in the 21st century.
Read the full article. I would love to get your feedback.
Ok, Flashback Friday is a day early. Last year at this time I discovered
Prisma – a fantastic photo editing app for IOS and Android
This is the link to last year’s review
A year later Prisma has rave reviews and numerous awards. They have also added many more filters to an already stellar collection. Run, don’t walk to download Prisma to your phone or tablet. My only criticism is that you can’t enlarge any of the photos because of the low resolution. I would happily pay extra for a pro version that included high res printing.
What are your thoughts?
My unscientific opinion is that most of my the readers of this blog use Google Translate. GT is easy to use, fast, comprehensive and free. The other day I found Reverso The app presently has only 11 languages, This is not a problem for me since I will only need Spanish. Below are some of the highlights of this app:
- Translation in context
- Reference to other searches
- Make favorite
I probably will still use Google Translate just because I’m more familiar with the interface. But Reverso is definitely worth a look look