When I lived in New York and Oregon I could not even imagine I would be tasting the best lox and scallops in a 460 year old South American City. But, not only am I tasting these delicacies I am selling them. And, added to these delicacies is Paiche a South American White Fish that is similar to Halibut.
I will also be selling Fresh Salmon, Fresh Trout, Fresh Organic Tilapia.
These products can be purchased at the following locations:
- Dec. 10th – Common Grounds – 9:00 – 3:00 pm
- Dec. 12th – Bayou Cafe – 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- Dec. 13th – Sunrise Cafe – 11:00 -2:00 pm
- Dec. 17th – The Vegetable Bar – 11:00 – 2:00 pm
A paradigm shift is defined as a fundamental change in approach or underlying assumptions. Standing in line at a supermarket cashier to pay is the way all of us understand and have practiced for years. For me its over 50 years of shopping and standing in line.
My conservative estimate is that I have spent 10 days of my life standing in line to pay. Amazon Go is going to change that paradigm at least for Supermarkets.
What do you think of this new paradigm?
Last year, I posted my favorite apps Of course smartphone technology changes everyday. Here are some more favorites.
- Instagram – I enjoy seeing great photos from friends and great photographers. One of my favs. is “jaw dropping_dropping_shots
- Prisma – superb artsy photo editing
- Feedly – all my RSS feeds in one place
- Capital One – best user interface to control your CO account- and now it works with the Amazon Echo
- Merlin – Interesting facts and trivia from around the world
- Google Translate – Invaluable
- Yahoo News Digest – Delivered twice daily. Great graphics and easily digestible news info
- Alexa – Controls my Amazon devices (Echo, Dot, Fire TV)
- Kayak – Easily make airline and hotel reservations
- Pocket – Last year’s favorite but easily my most used app for saving and reading web site information
In my last post I mentioned that I acquired an Amazon Echo and Dot Smart Speaker. I have installed the two devices and what follows are the benefits and one challenge that has developed in the last several days.
I installed the Echo in the living room next to the T.V. The Echo will pick up our voices from the living room, hall, kitchen, dining room and sun room. So far we have used the Echo to:
- listen to our (separate) Amazon Prime Music collections
- Kitchen times
- News Updates
- Calendar and todo lists
- Manage our Capital One Account including making payments
- Listen to Podcasts
- Movia Trivia
The Dot which is the smaller and less expensiveversion of the Echo is paired with a Speaker and is upstairs in Sharon’s Office. She mainly uses the Dot to listen to her music but she likes the “Good Morning Command” which is has an interesting fact of a synopsis of some famous person’s life usually when it is their birthday.
So far the one challenge that the app requires a zip code so you can’t get traffic or listings of restaurants.
Thanks to my mother-in-law, Sharon and I are now the proud owners of an Amazon Echo. Ok, hands up CTL subscribers how many of you have no idea what an Echo is.
Amazon Echo is a smart speaker connected via wifi to The Internet. It can do the following very well:
- Play your music or music form Pandora and other apps.
- Give you weather forecasts from any place in the world
- Updated news headlines
- Voice access to Wikipedia and Bing
- Spanish Dictionary
- Timers, Alarms, calendar events, todos
- Most importantly the Echo through the Alexa app begins to learn your routines
The Echo has over 3000 developers that have skills that can be loaded into the Amazon Clouds. Here are some examples
- NPR news updates
- Jeopardy TV game
- Capital one Credit Accounts
- Airport Info
- The Economist
- The Wall St. Journal
- Interactive Games
My 98 year old mother-in-law is facing some memory challenges. She lives alone but my brother-in-law is just a block away. She often forgets what day it is and has reminders to take medication as well as important phone number.s
In my next post I will explain in detail how I’m using echo in Cuenca.
Alexa, tell me how to play better poker please.
Pop Quiz CTL subscribers. It’s Saturday Night and you’re jonesing for a Chinese meal but you don’t want to leave your house. What do you do? Now you have two choices for calling a motorcycle delivery service.each with different subscribed restaurants
After a quick registration process you can browse through different food categories and order your food. I haven’t personally tried Moto Delivery but have been pleased with Megabite. On both occasions the food was delivered in under the 20 minutes promised time frame.
Find both apps in the app store or Play store(Android) **Correction – Moto Delivery only available in the Google Play Store **
La Vida es buena en Ecuador.