Google Photos is my “go to” app for shooting, editing and storing photos on my smartphone and in The Cloud. The following six items are taken from the Kim Komando Show.
- Find your adorable pet pictures
- Search by picture icon (i.e. partner, son, best friend)
- Create a slideshow movie
- Animation – Select “Assistant” in Photos, choose “Animation,” and then select anywhere from two to 50 photos and let Google create a fun animation from the images.
- Build a photo book
- Google Drive – Sync your Google Drive with Google Photos by heading to your settings and turning on the Google Drive option. Now you can see and edit photos and videos from Drive right in Photos.
It’s no secret that I like to take photos. I now take all my shots using my Nexus 6 smartphone. My go to app is Google Photos. Today I found an exceptional post by the Verge
There are a lot of great takeaways. The three best for me are the following:
- SEARCH IS THE KILLER FEATURE
- FREE UP STORAGE ON YOUR PHONE
- SHARED ALBUMS
What else do you do with Google Photos?
Pop Quiz CTL what service has 1/2 billion users? Go to the head of the class if you guessed Google Photos. Google is self declaring that this is your photo app of choice. And I agree with them for the following reasons.
- Drop dead easy to use.
- Unlimited free storage with a google account
- Sharing is a no brainer
- Making movies is very simple
- Backup is automatic.
There is a great article about Google Photos here
In Gualaceo, an hour’s bus ride from Cuenca lies the home of Ecuagenera, the home of over 6000 varieties of Orchids. You can take a tour of the facility for $3 per person and see how the orchids are developed and sold.
This was my second visit and was well worth the trip. Run, don’t walk to Ecuagenera
It is has been 8 months since I started using the Prisma Photo Editing App. The number of effects have grown to 44. As I mentioned in my first review –
WARNING!, WARNING! Do not load Prisma Photo App if you have an immediate appointment because you’re going to be immediately addicted to this great photo filter editor. This app could not be simpler.
- Load your photo
- Choose your filter
- Adjust the intensity
The app is free and runs on IOS and Android. My only complaint is that the saved edited photos does not have enough resolution to print these fantastic works of art.
Email me your favorite Prisma photo and I”ll put it up on my next post.
Below are 4 of my favorites
I snap about 200 photos per month. Everyday I get a message from Amazon Prime Photos of the photos I have stored from that date last year, 2015, 2014.
Today it was a special announcement since last year on this date we had friends from Oregon visit and I invited my Spanish teacher and her cousin’s family.
Can you find a photo you snapped on this day last year?
Thank you for voting. I also received some emails and your choice is…