Thank you for voting. I also received some emails and your choice is…
The Google Photos App is my Go To photo editor/storage tool. It’s easy, powerful and there is the unlimited storage hook that makes this app (IMHO) the best.
Computerworld has an excellent article and video on tips to better use the app.
You can find it here
The photo below was edited with Google Photos.
Can you do it? If you have your Smartphone and your Flickr app than you probably can accomplish that request. I average about 200 photos shot on my smartphone a month. Now that I have no limits on storage I sometimes edit a photo and keep 5 versions of that photo.
Google will soon announce that you will have unlimited free storage ( in your original format ) for all your photos and videos. Amazon Prime Photo already offers unlimited storage for your photos.
I’m old enough to remember shooting photos on a film camera. Storing the prints in a shoebox and then never able to retrieve a photo that was more than 3 years old.
Run, don’t walk and get one of the 3 unlimited photo storage program/apps.
- Flickr – 1 tb (500,000 photos) free
- Google Photos – unlimited storage free
- Amazon Prime Photos – unlimited storage ( $99 per year but includes other valuable services)
Oregon Flowers 2001
Sherwood Oregon 2006
Olivia at Rockaway Beach 2004
Are you fumbling with your Smartphone Camera and you missed a great photo. On May 9th you will learn how to better use your camera and create fantastic movies. The course information is here. The class is limited to six students.
The picture below was captured on my Nexus 6 and edited with Google Photos. The movie was created from past smartphone photos.
Several times a week I look at photos from my Flickr Friends. A very talented group of photographers. Below is a 90 second Youtube video of some of their photos. Enjoy!
I now take 100% of my photos with my Nexus 6 Smartphone. I sold my Canon DSLR last year. Having a Smartphone for your photos has the following advantages:
- Always available in your pocket or purse
- Tap to focus
- Geo tagging- always know where your pictures were taken
- HDR (High Dyanamic Range) for taking photos in the dark
- Instant sharing with friends and family
Google photos is now my app of choice because of the following:
- Search for people place and things. I can find all my grandson pics in two clicks
- Automatic backup to the Google Cloud thus saving valuable memory storage
- Fastest and simplest photo editing usually 3-4 clicks for great results
- Show photos from your Smartphone with Chromecast
- Create shared albums with 2 clicks
- Create movies and collages with 2 clicks
- Select multiple photos with a single click
We had our first visitors from Oregon this week. Bob and Sully have been enjoying the beautiful scenery and friendliness of the Cuencanos. They both use point and shoot cameras and been admiring the ease and quality of the photos on my Smartphone.
One seat available for Monday 1/25/16 course