This Friday, March 9th, come help us celebrate!
It is a joyful food celebration of Manhattan, New York and it is taking place in a 100-year-old building where you can order a Manhattan while listening to recordings by Frank Sinatra singing New York, New York. Enjoy your drink with a toasted bialy, smoked salmon, a sour pickle, and a slice of cheddar cheese. For dessert, there is…you guessed it, New York cheesecake and chocolate of course.
Come help us celebrate Manhattan Day In Cuenca, March 9th from 3:00 to 6:00 pm at La Guarida( Mariscal Lamar y Luis Pauta)
The following vendors will be there:
- Artesana Bakery – Bialys, Challah, Sourdough Bread
- Productos Terranova – Smoked Salmon, Scallops, Shrimp
- Leshamer – Israeli Products – Sour Pickles
- King Smokehouse – Bacon, Spareribs
- Amadeo Chocolates-
- Double D Delights – Cheesecakes, Bagels, Black & Whites
- Cecilia Aged Cheeses
Raffles for free products from the 7 vendors and the ultimate trivia question for a Salmon Dinner for 2
This past week I had the gastronomic pleasure of eating at Le Triskell, creperie, francaise, located at Eduardo Crespo Mala and Gran Colombia. They are open everyday except Monday.
I had their breakfast special for $6
Coffee or tea + juice
-French Omelet with bacon or vegetables
-Butter and marmalade
The food was presented beautifully, the owners came out to check on the service and quality of food. Run, don’t walk to this great find in Cuenca.
Full disclosure. I help the owners of Amcry with their videos and web site. But, even if I didn’t I would recommend a trip to the Restaurant. It’s the only place in Cuenca, Ecuador where you can eat authentic Swiss Food. The owners (Judy and Beda) are exceptional hosts and the service and food are exceptional.
There are over 20 new menu items including several new cocktails. Tell them you saw this post on their web site and receive a free glass of wine with your dinner or lunch.
Amcry Swiss Restaurant
I transferred this post from the defunct Cuenca Daily News Blog. Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestion. Only include places that are free. I’ll start and update this list as I receive your emails. I’m also going to make a map.
- Banana’s Cafe – Calle Larga y Benigno Malo
- California Kitchen – Luis Cordero y Honorato Vasquez
- Coffee Tree – Calle Larga y Borrero
- Windhorse Cafe – Calle Larga y Hermano Miquel
- Cafe Austria – Juan Jaramillo y Benigno Malo
- Don Colon – Mariano Cueva 9-42 y Simon Bolivar
- Inca Lounge – Avenida Tres de Noviembre y El Puente Centenario
- San Sebas Cafe – 1-94 San Sebastian y Mariscal Sucre
- Milenium Plaza, third floor, above Banco Pichincha
- ItalDeli on Alfonso Moreno Mora (2nd floor).
- Food court Mall del Rio
- Free Etapa connection at the corner of Padre Aguire y Gran Columbia
- Moca Cafe Bar on Gran Colombia y Manzaneros
- Jaleria – 3 de Noviembre y Bahada Todo Santos
- Food Court Monay Shopping Center
- Goda Restaurant in Hotel El Dorado
- Nectar – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Néctar
- Cilantro Restaurant – Juan Jaramillo y Benigno Malo
Last Thursday George Evans of The California Kitchen Restaurant gave me some of their Smoked Salmon to sample. The taste reminded me of my Brooklyn, NY roots. This is a must have dish at The CK.