You just have to be present at the 2nd Artesan’s Fair at Bumba Restaurant.
Come and taste the finest products in Cuenca and shop for that unique gift at Bumba Restaurant. Cuenca’s best kept secret.
*Hand Knit Hats
*Hand Crafted Dolls
A drawing for a door prize every 20 minutes. You don’t have to be present to win.
Saturday, Jan. 27th , from 10 AM to 2 PM, 3 de Noviembre on the Riverfront right next to the Old Sofy’s restaurant.
Bumba’s Facebook Page
I promise not to tell any more fish jokes if you come to the 2nd Artesans’s Bazaar at The Vegetable Bar Saturday April 29th from 9:00am – 1:00 pm
I will have all the usual suspects for sale
- Salmon (Fresh and Smoked)
- Trout (Fresh and Smoked)
- Tilapia (Fresh And Smoked)
- Organic Shrimp
And, if you tell me to never tell a fish joke again you can get a 50% discount on the following
- Smoked Tilapia
- Trout Caviar
Plus, my favorite vendors will be there selling
- Sourdough bread
- Flavored Cream Cheeses
- Indian Food
- Gourmet Cheeses
Urgent Blood Donation needed for well-known and well-loved expat . We need to collect 12 Units of blood Friday Dec. 16th between 7 and 3 at the Red Cross office at Hospital del Río.
The patient is O+ but they will accept blood of all types and credit it to his account. PLEASE, if you are between 17 and 70 share this information.
Learning Spanish is essential to living in Ecuador. When we first arrive in Ecuador we go through stages.
- Little or no Spanish and dependent on translators or Spanish speaking friends.
- Restaurant/Taxi Spanish. We know some directions and how to order food
- Baby Spanish – we can get around but we get strange looks
- Pre- Conversant Spanish – We still get strange looks but most of our conversation makes sense
- Conversant Spanish – We have our favorite verbs and in Cuenca use “dolarito” and cafecito”
I take Spanish lessons from a very competent teacher. She comes to your home and customizes the lessons for your level. I take lessons twice a week and I can now go to the IESS appointments without a translator. I shop at the Indigenous Organic Markets and can recognize all the different fruits and vegetables. I can also go to utility companies and find solution to problems.
My teacher is Linda Astudillo. Her contact information.
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 097 9072715
Linda understands most English but is mostly Spanish speaking. Her rates are $10 an hour for private lessons and has a sliding scale for couples or groups.
- Canon EOS T4i 18 mega pixel DSLR Camera 18 – 135mm Canon Lens 2.5 years old. Mint Condition. Purchased in the U.S. $1100. Will sell for $650
- Ravell i Pro Tripod 70 inch tripod with head. Never used. Comes with carrying case
- RODE Pro Video Mic. Mint condition
- Camera Bag for Canon
- LED Video Light
- 32 gb memory card for Canon
Will sell all six items for $800 or just the Camera for $650
Prices are firm.
firstname.lastname@example.org 099 122 1238
Some interesting data
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 18,000 times in 2014. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 7 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Click here to see the complete report.