This past week I had the gastronomic pleasure of eating at Le Triskell, creperie, francaise, located at Eduardo Crespo Mala and Gran Colombia. They are open everyday except Monday.
I had their breakfast special for $6
Coffee or tea + juice
-French Omelet with bacon or vegetables
-Butter and marmalade
The food was presented beautifully, the owners came out to check on the service and quality of food. Run, don’t walk to this great find in Cuenca.
Urgent Blood Donation needed for well-known and well-loved expat . We need to collect 12 Units of blood Friday Dec. 16th between 7 and 3 at the Red Cross office at Hospital del Río.
The patient is O+ but they will accept blood of all types and credit it to his account. PLEASE, if you are between 17 and 70 share this information.
2016 Google Year In Search Video
Another great video production. I would love to spend some time with the very talented video editors. Take 15 minutes out of your day to see 2011 -2015.
The Google Photos App is my Go To photo editor/storage tool. It’s easy, powerful and there is the unlimited storage hook that makes this app (IMHO) the best.
Computerworld has an excellent article and video on tips to better use the app.
You can find it here
The photo below was edited with Google Photos.
When I lived in New York and Oregon I could not even imagine I would be tasting the best lox and scallops in a 460 year old South American City. But, not only am I tasting these delicacies I am selling them. And, added to these delicacies is Paiche a South American White Fish that is similar to Halibut.
I will also be selling Fresh Salmon, Fresh Trout, Fresh Organic Tilapia.
These products can be purchased at the following locations:
- Dec. 10th – Common Grounds – 9:00 – 3:00 pm
- Dec. 12th – Bayou Cafe – 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- Dec. 13th – Sunrise Cafe – 11:00 -2:00 pm
- Dec. 17th – The Vegetable Bar – 11:00 – 2:00 pm
A paradigm shift is defined as a fundamental change in approach or underlying assumptions. Standing in line at a supermarket cashier to pay is the way all of us understand and have practiced for years. For me its over 50 years of shopping and standing in line.
My conservative estimate is that I have spent 10 days of my life standing in line to pay. Amazon Go is going to change that paradigm at least for Supermarkets.
What do you think of this new paradigm?
Last year, I posted my favorite apps Of course smartphone technology changes everyday. Here are some more favorites.
- Instagram – I enjoy seeing great photos from friends and great photographers. One of my favs. is “jaw dropping_dropping_shots
- Prisma – superb artsy photo editing
- Feedly – all my RSS feeds in one place
- Capital One – best user interface to control your CO account- and now it works with the Amazon Echo
- Merlin – Interesting facts and trivia from around the world
- Google Translate – Invaluable
- Yahoo News Digest – Delivered twice daily. Great graphics and easily digestible news info
- Alexa – Controls my Amazon devices (Echo, Dot, Fire TV)
- Kayak – Easily make airline and hotel reservations
- Pocket – Last year’s favorite but easily my most used app for saving and reading web site information