A great parting link from Obama Administration. A Virtual Tour of the WhiteHouse.
In February it will be 5 years since I started CTL. I try to post at least once a week. Sometimes I just don’t have anything new to say. So today I thought I would share with you some Blogs that I read that never seem to run out of material.
- Ecuador Xpat Bloggers – a daily update of Ecuador Blogs
- Nancy And Chuck – Retirement In Ecuador – great photos and the very first blog I read about Ecuador
- Ahh Cuenca – great writing with some funny photos
- Cañar Chronicles – The title says it all
- Andy In The Andes – Good info
- Life In Quito – The title says it all
Feliz Año Nuevo a todos. Last year I wrote a post about disappearing technology. In this post I would like to expand on this theme with some more observations.
- I don’t use any CD’s anymore – My data backups are totally in the cloud
- Last year I purchased approximately 20 DVD’s. This year it will be half as much since most of my movie watching is Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime.
- Last year I had 5 remotes for TV and streaming video box watching and now I have none because of the Harmony Hub
- Last year I used my iPad every day and now I sold it and primarily use my Google Nexus Smartphone
- Finally I used to use my smartphone and computer for all my searches and now 50% of the searches and all of my music playing are accomplished using Echo, my smart speaker and the Alexa App.
What is disappearing in your life?
It’s with some sadness that I am ending my participation in the Cuenca iPad Users Group that I started more than 5 years ago. I just sold my iPad Mini. I am now vested in the Android Nexus Google Phone, The Echo and Dot smart speakers and the Amazon Fire 8 Tablet.
This forum will continue to be platform agnostic but my involvement with the iPad sadly will end.
I will also not be teaching any courses. My involvement in my new Salmon business is more than I planned. All these changes are positive and I look forward to your feedback.
I will also be doing a monthly recommendation on new businesses in the Cuenca area. As always I welcome your suggestions.
Happy New Year to the CuencaTechlife subscribers and readers.
Almost everyday I’m taking photos with my smartphone. So when I looked back at Google Photos it was very hard to pick a favorite. So I’m going to let you pick a favorite. The winner will be the one with the most votes.
Go For It. Please pick your favorite and vote on the poll below the photos. Thanks.
It’s been a month since I installed my Amazon Echo and 2 dots. I certainly could live without them but I don’t want to and here’s why I’m listening to more music because it just so natural to say “Alexa, play smooth jazz, or Alexa play songs from Spyro Gyra or play The Kindle Chronicles on Tunein radio”.
I don’t wear a watch so I can ask Alexa the time here or in Madrid Spain (where my Spanish Teacher is living). Raise your hand if you can spell phosphorescent. Alexa can.
I don’t have to go to the NPR or BBC website to get my news – Alexa gets it for me.
I never have to worry about forgetting my shopping list when I’m in SuperMaxi because Alexa never forgets. She also reminds me about appointments, timers and holidays.
So I agree with the article below. It’s a must read. What do you think