Google Photos is my “go to” app for shooting, editing and storing photos on my smartphone and in The Cloud. The following six items are taken from the Kim Komando Show.
- Find your adorable pet pictures
- Search by picture icon (i.e. partner, son, best friend)
- Create a slideshow movie
- Animation – Select “Assistant” in Photos, choose “Animation,” and then select anywhere from two to 50 photos and let Google create a fun animation from the images.
- Build a photo book
- Google Drive – Sync your Google Drive with Google Photos by heading to your settings and turning on the Google Drive option. Now you can see and edit photos and videos from Drive right in Photos.
I will be selling my fish at the following locations:
Friday Jan19th 10:00 – 12;00 pm Alegría Organics – Edificio Terrassas
Tres de Noviembreat the corner of Los Cipreses
next door of peluqueria “Jamy”
Friday Jan 19th 2:00 – 3:30 pm Hummus Restaurant – the restaurant is located a small parque (Parque Santa Anita), at the interesection of Rafael Torres Y Santiago Carrasco (2 blocks east of the 911 building).
Saturday Jan 20th 10:00 – 3:00 pm Gran Feria Tutto Matto
All the usual suspects will be available for purchase
* Rainbow Trout
* Bay Scallops
* Organic Shrimp
* Smoked Salmon and Smoked Trout
I have specials on Lamb
- Ground Lamb
- Lamb Chops
- Lamb Sausage
I have specials on Duck
For the past 18 years Beloit College publishes 60 mindset examples of the entering freshmen. I found this year’s examples particularly interesting as I age and my grandchildren get closer to college age.
Here are seven unique examples:
- The United States has always been at war
- Each year they’ve been alive the U.S. population has grown by more than one million Latinos.
- If you want to reach them, you’d better send a text—emails are oft ignored.
- Bada Bing – Tony and Carmela Soprano and the gang have always been part of American culture.
- A Bush and a Clinton have always been campaigning for something big.
- Airline tickets have always been purchased online.
- Newt who?
You can see the complete list here
On New Year’s Day I was browsing through my Flickr collection of photos (16,000 since 2004) and I came across some Oregon shots I wanted to print. 2 hours later I created a short Youtube video on some of my favorite Oregon and Ecuador photos. Enjoy!
Here I am sitting in front of my computer on the 3rd rainy afternoon in a row. No complaints about the rain since the river was at an all time low just a week ago.
The following are six major themes in tech and in my life in 2017
- Voice – Our household now has an Amazon Echo and 3 Dots. The primary use is for music. Other uses include timers and research. For example last night while watching a movie it was as simple as saying, “Alexa, what is the capitol of North Dakato (BTW, it’s Bismarck)
- Photo Editing- I now shoot 100% of my photos on my Nexus 6 and only use 3 editing tools (Google photos, Prisma, Snapseed) Prisma now has HD printing and creates framable art.
- Food Delivery – Cuenca now has several food apps. The one that is primarily used is Megabite. Its a pleasure when you are tired to go to the app and have your favorite cuisine delivered by motorcycle in 15 minutes.
- Smartphones – The major flagship phones (i.e. Samsung, Apple) are now $1000 fully loaded. I decided to hold on to my Nexus 6 for another year because it has a great camera and a superb screen.
- Streaming TV in Cuenca – We still have our older versions of Fire TV, Roku and Apple TV. We mostly watch Netflix and seem to be watching more series on Netflix.
- The Cloud – My computer is the only Apple Device I have left. I use Google, Amazon and Flickr to back up my photos and other media.
- Fish Monger- As I am writing this post I can hear my wife on a Skype call with a friend saying the following” Lenny is no longer my 5 letter help word in tech”. All he cares about is selling his fish”. Not totally accurate but pretty darn close. The fish business has taken off in 2017 and I look forward to supplying Cuenca with the best Salmon in Ecuador.
Happy New Year to all my friends and subscribers who read this blog.
The wheelbarrow lady with over 38% of the votes
Below is the picture before cropping and editing with the Prisma app