It depends on what country you are in. The other day I scared a local Cuencana while walking to Supermaxi. I was racking my brain to come up with the word for two days when at that moment my brain reminded me it was “canguil” and I proudly shouted it out.
So why mention canguil? One of the proven ways to delay the onset of dementia is to learn a foreign language. Other methods are to play chess, bridge, quilt and a various other games that require critical thinking and memory recall.
I highly recommend the smartphone app “Pocket“. Besides, acting as a reservoir for your saved websites, the app suggests articles that may interest you based on your web browsing history.
Here was interesting article that I found on Pocket and the catalyst for this post.
It’s a quick read and was actually very promising for all of us who live in Ecuador and struggle for the right word for popcorn.
You just have to be present at the 2nd Artesan’s Fair at Bumba Restaurant.
Come and taste the finest products in Cuenca and shop for that unique gift at Bumba Restaurant. Cuenca’s best kept secret.
*Hand Knit Hats
*Hand Crafted Dolls
A drawing for a door prize every 20 minutes. You don’t have to be present to win.
Saturday, Jan. 27th , from 10 AM to 2 PM, 3 de Noviembre on the Riverfront right next to the Old Sofy’s restaurant.
Bumba’s Facebook Page
Google Photos is my “go to” app for shooting, editing and storing photos on my smartphone and in The Cloud. The following six items are taken from the Kim Komando Show.
- Find your adorable pet pictures
- Search by picture icon (i.e. partner, son, best friend)
- Create a slideshow movie
- Animation – Select “Assistant” in Photos, choose “Animation,” and then select anywhere from two to 50 photos and let Google create a fun animation from the images.
- Build a photo book
- Google Drive – Sync your Google Drive with Google Photos by heading to your settings and turning on the Google Drive option. Now you can see and edit photos and videos from Drive right in Photos.
I will be selling my fish at the following locations:
Friday Jan19th 10:00 – 12;00 pm Alegría Organics – Edificio Terrassas
Tres de Noviembreat the corner of Los Cipreses
next door of peluqueria “Jamy”
Friday Jan 19th 2:00 – 3:30 pm Hummus Restaurant – the restaurant is located a small parque (Parque Santa Anita), at the interesection of Rafael Torres Y Santiago Carrasco (2 blocks east of the 911 building).
Saturday Jan 20th 10:00 – 3:00 pm Gran Feria Tutto Matto
All the usual suspects will be available for purchase
* Rainbow Trout
* Bay Scallops
* Organic Shrimp
* Smoked Salmon and Smoked Trout
I have specials on Lamb
- Ground Lamb
- Lamb Chops
- Lamb Sausage
I have specials on Duck
For the past 18 years Beloit College publishes 60 mindset examples of the entering freshmen. I found this year’s examples particularly interesting as I age and my grandchildren get closer to college age.
Here are seven unique examples:
- The United States has always been at war
- Each year they’ve been alive the U.S. population has grown by more than one million Latinos.
- If you want to reach them, you’d better send a text—emails are oft ignored.
- Bada Bing – Tony and Carmela Soprano and the gang have always been part of American culture.
- A Bush and a Clinton have always been campaigning for something big.
- Airline tickets have always been purchased online.
- Newt who?
You can see the complete list here
On New Year’s Day I was browsing through my Flickr collection of photos (16,000 since 2004) and I came across some Oregon shots I wanted to print. 2 hours later I created a short Youtube video on some of my favorite Oregon and Ecuador photos. Enjoy!