La Guarida’s best translation to English is a ‘Cave’ but I think this place reminds me of a Greenwich Village Cafe. This is Cuenca’s best kept secret. You have to visit this place to see the wonderful attention to detail and to chat with Andres, the creator of La Guarida.
14 Vendors will be there from 10:00 – 2:00 pm this Saturday September 16th displaying their wares and having tastings.
Of course I will have my salmon and other fine fish products.
- 14 portions of salmon for the price of 12
- $22 a kg on large fillets
- $6.50 Rainbow Trout Fillet
- $8 a lb of cleaned and deveined Shrimp
- $13 for 5 med.-large Tilapia Fillets
Enjoy a Paiche Lunch At Sunrise Cafe And Possibly Win A $47 Side Of Salmon.
Paiche Lunch at Sunrise Cafe Saturday Aug. 26th 11:00 – 3:00 pm
Sunrise will only cook 40 paiche meals.
Enjoy a fantastic paiche lunch. Come to me in the back of Sunrise Cafe and purchase a minimum of one piece of paiche at $3.50 (Regular price is $4.50). Your ticket will be entered in the raffle . Drawing is at 3:00 pm. You don’t have to be present to win.
* one ticket per person
Cuenca is a walking city. Many expats and Cuencanos don’t own cars and rely on public transportation or walking to traverse the city. The video below is now 5 years old but still gives a sense of the many walking spots in the city. Can you guess what hotel is in the construction phase.
Come celebrate my one year anniversary as the Cuenca Distributor for Productos Terranova.
It is because of you all that this year has been so successful.
As a token of my appreciation anyone buying a fish product this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (10:30 – 2:30 pm) will receive 100 grams of smoked salmon ($6 value) free with their purchase.**
Kelbert Bortone, the co-owner of Artsena Bakery will be joining me at the eX- Spot.
I look forward to you joining us this week.
As always, thank you for your patronage.
** While quantities last and one free 100 gram smoked salmon per family unit.
Because of my association with Productos Terranova I have access to a wide variety of fish, shrimp and scallops. My diet consists of red meat twice a month, chicken four times a month and the remainder I eat the following
- Salmon 6- 8 times a month
- Red Rainbow Trout 2-3 times a month
- Paiche 2-3 times a month
- Tilapia 1-2 times a month
- Shrimp 1-2 times a month
- Scallops 1-2 times a month
I don’t feel tired, my cholesterol is down and the Omega 3’s are good for my heart
Come to the Santa Canela Fest Saturday Aug. 12th from 10 -3:00 pm and find Salmon, Trout, Scallops and Paiche on Sale. Say that you read this post and receive and extra dollar off the already low price of a big salmon fillet.
See you Saturday.
The Bartender says. “What do you want to drink?”. The three say ” Can we get directions to the Artesan Bazaar at The Vegetable Bar.”
You can join the happy trio and enjoy sales on all three.
- Buy 12 portions of salmon and get the 13th free
- Take $1.00 off a pound of Bay Scallops
- Take 50 cents off a Rainbow Trout Fillet
The other usual subjects will be there for purchase
- Organic Tilapia
- Smoked Salmon
- Smoked Trout
- Organic Shrimp
Saturday August 5th from 9:00 – 1:00 pm. The Vegetable Bar – 3 de Noviembre y Jacaranda.
I am usually very skeptical when I read the following words “must read article”. I started reading this with the expectation that I would be done in less than a minute. Double yowza – there are some great predictions. The following are the ones I found fascinating.
- Software will disrupt most traditional industries in the next 5-10 years.
- Autonomous cars: In 2018 the first self driving cars will appear for the public. Around 2020, the complete industry will start to be disrupted. You don’t want to own a car anymore. You will call a car with your phone, it will show up at your location and drive you to your destination. You will not need to park it, you only pay for the driven distance and can be productive while driving. Our kids will never get a driver’s licence and will never own a car.
- Last year, more solar energy was installed worldwide than fossil. Energy companies are desperately trying to limit access to the grid to prevent competition from home solar installations, but that can’t last. Technology will take care of that strategy.
- Health: The Tricorder X price will be announced this year. There are companies who will build a medical device (called the “Tricorder” from Star Trek) that works with your phone, which takes your retina scan, your blood sample and you breath into it.
- It then analyses 54 biomarkers that will identify nearly any disease. It will be cheap, so in a few years everyone on this planet will have access to world class medical analysis, nearly for free. Goodbye, medical establishment.
- If it doesn’t work with your phone, forget the idea. And any idea designed for success in the 20th century is doomed to failure in the 21st century.