Pop Quiz CTL what service has 1/2 billion users? Go to the head of the class if you guessed Google Photos. Google is self declaring that this is your photo app of choice. And I agree with them for the following reasons.
- Drop dead easy to use.
- Unlimited free storage with a google account
- Sharing is a no brainer
- Making movies is very simple
- Backup is automatic.
There is a great article about Google Photos here
It’s hard for even a geek to wrap his head around these numbers but here are just a few
- 29 million whats app messages
- 66 thousand images uploaded on Instagram
- 3.3 million facebook posts
- 3.8 million google searches
- 500 hours of video uploaded to Youtube
Here is the website (updating numbers website I retrieved the information
Here are some of my sources in no particular order
- The Verge
- Mobile Technology News
- The Verge
- USA Today
Where do you go for your Tech News?
Feliz Año Nuevo a todos. Last year I wrote a post about disappearing technology. In this post I would like to expand on this theme with some more observations.
- I don’t use any CD’s anymore – My data backups are totally in the cloud
- Last year I purchased approximately 20 DVD’s. This year it will be half as much since most of my movie watching is Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime.
- Last year I had 5 remotes for TV and streaming video box watching and now I have none because of the Harmony Hub
- Last year I used my iPad every day and now I sold it and primarily use my Google Nexus Smartphone
- Finally I used to use my smartphone and computer for all my searches and now 50% of the searches and all of my music playing are accomplished using Echo, my smart speaker and the Alexa App.
What is disappearing in your life?
2016 Google Year In Search Video
Another great video production. I would love to spend some time with the very talented video editors. Take 15 minutes out of your day to see 2011 -2015.
The Google Photos App is my Go To photo editor/storage tool. It’s easy, powerful and there is the unlimited storage hook that makes this app (IMHO) the best.
Computerworld has an excellent article and video on tips to better use the app.
You can find it here
The photo below was edited with Google Photos.