WARNING!, WARNING! Do not load Prisma Photo App if you have an immediate appointment because you’re going to be immediately addicted to this great photo filter editor. This app could not be simpler.
- Load your photo
- Choose your filter
- Adjust the intensity
Here are is the Prisma App link (runs on IOS and Android) Here are some great results. Learn more at the iPad Users Group Meeting Thursday
So what is tech about Salmon in Cuenca. Absolutely nothing. For those people who are not living in Cuenca or do not like Salmon you have my permission to stop reading this post.
I am now representing Productos Terrenova in Cuenca. Starting today you can order the following and have it delivered tomorrow.
- Fresh Salmon – Individual portions or 1-3 kg fillets
- Smoked Salmon (Lox) 100 – 1 kg packages
- Smoked Trout – 250 grams and fillets
- Smoked and Fresh Organic Talapia
- Fresh Octopus Carpaccio
- Trout Caviar
- Wakami Hiyashi (Seaweed Salad)
Free delivery on orders >$40 ( in the city limits of Cuenca)
Call 0991221238 or email (email@example.com) for more information.
CBS Sunday Morning was doing a piece on Social Media Users and the graphic below popped up. They were discussing the vitriol of Twitter Trolls. I found the graphic interesting and did not know that QQ was a Chinese messaging service.
Personally, I use Facebook, FB Messenger, Whatsapp and Istagram. I have a Twitter account but rarely use it. What about you?
Last year at this time I wrote on article on this subject. So what has changed in a year? There are now 4 main legal streaming boxes:
- Apple TV – Now in its 4th edition with voice control
- Roku – Now in its 4th edition also with voice control
- Amazon Fire TV – Now in its second edition with Alexa voice control
- Android TV – The Google version with limited apps
There is a 5th alternative and its called KODI . First let me say that I don’t object to the non legal status of KODI since I often purchase bootleg DVD’s in Cuenca. Let me also state that I have limited knowledge of KODI. I do know in Cuenca there are KODI groups and some individuals that will handle the installation and support. There are some safety concerns using KODI and this article does a good job of explaining it
The following are some paid subscriptions that are available to stream on the above boxes.
- Netflix – Note the North American version is not longer available
- Amazon Prime – No available on Apple TV
- HBO Now
There is also DirecTV. 5 years ago I tried the service for 6 months. My experience was that it was expensive $40 + per month was limited in the quality of English programming.
- Puntonet 50 mb fiber optic service $60 per month +
- Amazon Prime – $8 per month *
- HBO – $15 per month
- Strong VPN $7 per month*
Note: * denotes other uses besides watching TV
Pop Quiz CTL subscribers. You take a photo with your smartphone and you need to tune it up. What app do you use? There are some very easy and powerful apps. My favorite is Snapseed that is available on both Android and IOS. Snapseed has all the usual tools
- Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Highlights, Shadows
- Crop, Rotate, Sharpening,
Snapseed also contains several powerful tools
- Healing – taking out blemishes and objects
- Transform – Vertical and horizontal perspective
- Filters – Changing the mood of your photo
Below are three photos. The first is untouched. The second is a change in the perspective and the removal of the graffiti. The third is the addition of a mood changing filter.
Run, don’t walk and get your free copy of Snapseed.
Pop Quiz CTL Subscribers. Do you know the subjects you searched for in Google. How about images, finance, news or maps.Well now you can not only find those subjects but delete them if you think it might prove embarrassing. You can find all this information including the device you searched with by going to myactivity.google.com. Here are some of my results:
- Today at 3:25 pmJ I was on Facebook on my desktop computer and viewed Researchbuzz.me
- June 19th I downloaded the Alexa App on my Nexus phone
- May 30th I searched for the Cuenca temperature on my iPad
- Last year on my birthday I searched for the term “disruptive technology” 5 times using my computer
While you’re using Google statistics go to myaccount.google.com and check the following
- Security Checkup
- What apps have access to your account
- Google Drive storage
- Backup emails and phone
Below is a screen capture of some of the apps that have access to my Google Data. Notice the App Streak which somehow has access to more data than I am comfortable with. I deleted the access of the app.
Devote 3o minutes to peruse myactivity.google.com and myaccount.google.com you will be informed and surprised.