Pop Quiz CTL subscribers. It’s Saturday Night and you’re jonesing for a Chinese meal but you don’t want to leave your house. What do you do? Now you have two choices for calling a motorcycle delivery service.each with different subscribed restaurants
After a quick registration process you can browse through different food categories and order your food. I haven’t personally tried Moto Delivery but have been pleased with Megabite. On both occasions the food was delivered in under the 20 minutes promised time frame.
Find both apps in the app store or Play store(Android) **Correction – Moto Delivery only available in the Google Play Store **
La Vida es buena en Ecuador.
I have 209 apps on my Nexus 6 smartphone but according to my memory stats I only use on average about 35 of these apps daily. So here is a quick list of my 7 favorite apps. I have intentionally skipped apps like email, facebook, maps, photos, calendar etc. because they are in everyone’s daily usage. All these apps run on the iPhone too.
- Pocket – a fantastic “read later” way of saving important data
- Feedly – a superb “News Feed” App.
- Merlin – Daily Esoteric news
- Moves – a great pedometer
- Prisma – My absolute favorite photo editing app
- IMDB – great info on movies and tv shows
- Flickr – Connecting with my photo buddies around the world
What are your favorite apps?
WARNING!, WARNING! Do not load Prisma Photo App if you have an immediate appointment because you’re going to be immediately addicted to this great photo filter editor. This app could not be simpler.
- Load your photo
- Choose your filter
- Adjust the intensity
Here are is the Prisma App link (runs on IOS and Android) Here are some great results. Learn more at the iPad Users Group Meeting Thursday
Pop Quiz CTL subscribers. You take a photo with your smartphone and you need to tune it up. What app do you use? There are some very easy and powerful apps. My favorite is Snapseed that is available on both Android and IOS. Snapseed has all the usual tools
- Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Highlights, Shadows
- Crop, Rotate, Sharpening,
Snapseed also contains several powerful tools
- Healing – taking out blemishes and objects
- Transform – Vertical and horizontal perspective
- Filters – Changing the mood of your photo
Below are three photos. The first is untouched. The second is a change in the perspective and the removal of the graffiti. The third is the addition of a mood changing filter.
Run, don’t walk and get your free copy of Snapseed.
I am addicted to my Smartphone. I’m probably on it too much but it’s one tool I really can’t live without. Here are 5 apps I think you should have on your phone. Have any to suggest to the Cuenca Tech Life audience? All the apps below are free.
- What’s App – Call anywhere in the world without charge . Group messaging and an easy to use interface make this Facebook owned app a must have.
- Merlin – receive unusual but factual information daily that can improve your knowledge and intellect.
- Hopper – receive weekly notices of travel bargains. Hopper will tell you whether the fares are going to fluctuate
- NPR ONE – Live news from my favorite radio station. I’m tuned in to OPB my local NPR station
- Walt Disney Crossy – All work and no play make … Modern day Frogger with Mickey Mouse as the Frog.
These Apps also run on iPads and iPhones.
Here are my top five apps
- Pocket: Previously known as Read It Later, is an application and service for managing a reading list of articles from the Internet. It runs on my Android Phone, iPad Mini and Macbook Pro. I now subscribe to the Pro Version and can search from a list that has 2 years worth of entries
- Google Photos – Do you want an easy 1-2-3 photo editing program as well as unlimited storage and the ability to create movies and stories from your photos – then run don’t walk and download the app
- WhatsApp – Facebook acquired this super texting and VOIP program. You can send free texts to individuals or groups all around the world. A skype type video conferencing will be introduced within the next year
- Moves – A great app to record your steps, walking, cycling etc. You also get a map of your travels and you can save and share in miles or kilometers.
- PocketCasts: Live in Ecuador but want to listen to Terry Gross on NPR- No problem with the Pocketcasts App. You can stream or download your favorite Podcast or TV Show and automatically have them queued for playback
This was a tough call. Here were all the apps in contention:
- Amazon Music
- Yahoo News Digest
- What’s Ap
Drum Roll Please. And the winner again is Pocket. Simply stated Pocket saves your favorite web sites and app picks to a cross platform database. I pick up Pocket favorites on my phone, ipad and computer or anybody elses computer if I sign in to my Pocket account.
I did a video screencast in May on Pocket
Pocket is even better because everyday they send you sites via email that you might be interested in saving and they also supply these recommendations on their app. Run, don’t walk and get Pocket