Buy 12 portions of salmon and get the 13th portion free. All the usual suspects will be available for purchase at the Tutto Matto Bazaar – Saturday Feb. 17th
* Rainbow Trout
* Paiche (Amazonian White Fish that taste like Halibut)
* Organic Shrimp
* Smoked Salmon
* Smoked Trout
* Organic Tilapia
In 2010 NPR’s “Talk Of The Nation” had a program called –
A Life… In Six Words
The next day I wrote the following: “Brooklyn, Oswego, Brentwood, Oregon, married Sharon”.
Here is my new one for 2018
Brooklyn, Oregon, Sharon, Ecuadorian Resident, Salmon.
Here are ones from the broadcast that I found particularly interesting.
- Found on Craigslist: table, apartment, fiance.
- Hotel sex still rocks over fifty.
- Normal person becomes psychotic on Twitter.
- Full circle: morgue tech becomes obstetrician.
- So would you believe me anyway?
- Overworked and underpaid,
Oversexed and underlaid.
What is your six word story?
You just have to be present at the 2nd Artesan’s Fair at Bumba Restaurant.
Come and taste the finest products in Cuenca and shop for that unique gift at Bumba Restaurant. Cuenca’s best kept secret.
*Hand Knit Hats
*Hand Crafted Dolls
A drawing for a door prize every 20 minutes. You don’t have to be present to win.
Saturday, Jan. 27th , from 10 AM to 2 PM, 3 de Noviembre on the Riverfront right next to the Old Sofy’s restaurant.
Bumba’s Facebook Page
I will be selling my fish at the following locations:
Friday Jan19th 10:00 – 12;00 pm Alegría Organics – Edificio Terrassas
Tres de Noviembreat the corner of Los Cipreses
next door of peluqueria “Jamy”
Friday Jan 19th 2:00 – 3:30 pm Hummus Restaurant – the restaurant is located a small parque (Parque Santa Anita), at the interesection of Rafael Torres Y Santiago Carrasco (2 blocks east of the 911 building).
Saturday Jan 20th 10:00 – 3:00 pm Gran Feria Tutto Matto
All the usual suspects will be available for purchase
* Rainbow Trout
* Bay Scallops
* Organic Shrimp
* Smoked Salmon and Smoked Trout
I have specials on Lamb
- Ground Lamb
- Lamb Chops
- Lamb Sausage
I have specials on Duck
On New Year’s Day I was browsing through my Flickr collection of photos (16,000 since 2004) and I came across some Oregon shots I wanted to print. 2 hours later I created a short Youtube video on some of my favorite Oregon and Ecuador photos. Enjoy!
Here I am sitting in front of my computer on the 3rd rainy afternoon in a row. No complaints about the rain since the river was at an all time low just a week ago.
The following are six major themes in tech and in my life in 2017
- Voice – Our household now has an Amazon Echo and 3 Dots. The primary use is for music. Other uses include timers and research. For example last night while watching a movie it was as simple as saying, “Alexa, what is the capitol of North Dakato (BTW, it’s Bismarck)
- Photo Editing- I now shoot 100% of my photos on my Nexus 6 and only use 3 editing tools (Google photos, Prisma, Snapseed) Prisma now has HD printing and creates framable art.
- Food Delivery – Cuenca now has several food apps. The one that is primarily used is Megabite. Its a pleasure when you are tired to go to the app and have your favorite cuisine delivered by motorcycle in 15 minutes.
- Smartphones – The major flagship phones (i.e. Samsung, Apple) are now $1000 fully loaded. I decided to hold on to my Nexus 6 for another year because it has a great camera and a superb screen.
- Streaming TV in Cuenca – We still have our older versions of Fire TV, Roku and Apple TV. We mostly watch Netflix and seem to be watching more series on Netflix.
- The Cloud – My computer is the only Apple Device I have left. I use Google, Amazon and Flickr to back up my photos and other media.
- Fish Monger- As I am writing this post I can hear my wife on a Skype call with a friend saying the following” Lenny is no longer my 5 letter help word in tech”. All he cares about is selling his fish”. Not totally accurate but pretty darn close. The fish business has taken off in 2017 and I look forward to supplying Cuenca with the best Salmon in Ecuador.
Happy New Year to all my friends and subscribers who read this blog.
The wheelbarrow lady with over 38% of the votes
Below is the picture before cropping and editing with the Prisma app