Feliz Año Nuevo a todos. Last year I wrote a post about disappearing technology. In this post I would like to expand on this theme with some more observations.
- I don’t use any CD’s anymore – My data backups are totally in the cloud
- Last year I purchased approximately 20 DVD’s. This year it will be half as much since most of my movie watching is Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime.
- Last year I had 5 remotes for TV and streaming video box watching and now I have none because of the Harmony Hub
- Last year I used my iPad every day and now I sold it and primarily use my Google Nexus Smartphone
- Finally I used to use my smartphone and computer for all my searches and now 50% of the searches and all of my music playing are accomplished using Echo, my smart speaker and the Alexa App.
What is disappearing in your life?