Time flies when you’re having fun. 4 years ago Sharon, Fiesty our cat and 8 pieces of luggage left Portland Oregon for the adventure of a lifetime. Fiesty has gone on to better times and Sharon and I are happier than ever. So what has changed generally and tech specifically in Cuenca.
- more people are moving here – my guess is that the expat number is close to 5000
- more people are moving back to their original location – my guess primarily is that they did not adapt to the culture
- the new light rail (Tren de la cuatro rios) is on schedule to begin operations in Aug. 2016
- unfortunately the buses still spew diesel fumes all over the city
- larger selections of good restaurants in Cuenca
- still very affordable to live here – inflation is under 4%
- Internet service is cheaper, faster and more reliable
- taxis have meter and there is more traffic due mostly to the light rail construction
- More choices to stream quality tv and movies (Sling, Amazon Prime, HBO Now)
- More Poker and Contract Bridge Games available
Our Cuenca Anniversary comes four days before my wife’s birthday. Feliz Cumpleaños mi amor.