September 9, 2014 has two meanings for me. The most important is that I get to celebrate my 21st Wedding Anniversary with my best friend. The other event is what every Apple Fanboy has been waiting for and that is the announcement of the iPhone 6.
A lot will be riding on this announcement. In my opinion the iPhone 6 will be the first product completely under the reins of the Tim Cook, the Apple CEO. This will either end the speculation that Apple could not produce a quality product or establish his credibility as Steve Job’s rightful heir apparent. I think the iPhone 6 will be a magnificent product.
Here are my predictions.
- A no brainer- A bigger screen. The rumor mill ave both a 4.7 inch and a 5.5 inch phablet coming tomorrow.
- At least one of the models will have a sapphire screen. Making the glass indestructible
- Amazing new camera – probably 13 megapixel
- The iPhone will be your wallet with a ubiquitous payment app
- The new iPhone will be more expensive.
You can watch the streaming keynote tomorrow in Ecuador on The Verge at 10::00 am pacific time. or like me you can wait until it appears later in the day on Apple TV under “Apple Keynotes”.
I’ll look forward to watching the amazing new technology but I happily just purchased a Nexus 5 smartphone for $349 contract free.