Recently there was a discussion on “Ecuador Expat Group” on Facebook about watching “The NCAA Basketball Final Four” Some interesting posts were raised. I thought I would share my experience with DirecTV and encourage other people to share their experience with TV Cable, the other TV provider in Cuenca.
DirecTV Installation, Setup and Cost:
- The installation crew showed up as promised and on time. The installation went flawless and took 20 minutes.
- I opted for the HD Recorder and the basic packages
- Cost for Installation was $84
- Cost per month is $43 – taken out of my credit card on the first of each month
- Extremely reliable
- Pristine picture
- Easy to use remote
- English Track on select programs
- No Network (ABC, CBS,NBC) programming. Fox is available
- Limited English channels
- Limited selection of movies
- No PBS programs
To be fair my wife and I are not avid TV watchers. I will probably cancel the DirecTV contract at the end of April. The initial contract was for 6 months. I find myself using Apple TV for NBC and CBS News and tech video podcasts.
I’ll look forward to posting comments from others who subscribe to DirecTV and TV Cable.